PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF RENTAL HIRE CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER AND RETAIN A COPY OF THESE TERMS WITH YOUR ORDER FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
Agreement for hire
1. The Owner will let and the Hirer will take on hire upon the following terms and conditions the goods described in the Schedule hereto. The Hirer shall be a mere bailee of the goods and no interest in them shall pass to the Hirer.
2. The hiring shall (subject to the provisions of Clause 12 hereof) commence on the date specified in the Schedule and shall continue for the period therein specified, unless determined as hereinafter provided.
3. All equipment taken by the Hirer must be returned to the Owner within the time specified in the Schedule hereto. For every day thereafter up to and including the day on which the equipment is returned to the Owner the Hirer shall pay a Late Fee as specified in the Schedule hereto.
4. The Hirer shall pay for all damage done to the equipment taken out by the Hirer except such as is caused by reasonable and fair use thereof.
5. On the signing of this Agreement the Hirer is required to pay a deposit as specified in the Schedule attached hereto. Such deposit will be returned at the end of the Agreement in the event of the Hirer duly returning in good condition all equipment taken but the Owners shall have the right to retain the said deposit (or so much thereof as may be necessary for the purpose) in or toward compensation for the loss of or damage (fair wear and tear expected) to any equipment taken out by the Hirer and payment of any sums due under paragraph 3 of these terms in respect of overdue equipment.
6. During the continuance of the hiring, the Hirer shall:-
A. Punctually pay all sums specified in the schedule hereto;
B. Indemnify the Owner against loss of or damage to the goods or any part thereof from whatever cause arising and whether or not such loss or damage results from the negligence of the hire;
C. Keep the goods in good and substantial repair and condition (fair wear and tear only excepted) and replace all missing, damaged or broken goods or parts thereof with goods or parts of equal quality and value;
D. Punctually pay all licence fees, rent, rates, taxes and other outgoings payable in respect of the goods or of any premises in which the goods may from time to time be placed or kept and produce to the Owner on demand the last receipts for all such payments and in the event of the Hirer making default in such payments, the Owner shall be at liberty to make the same and recover the amount thereof from the Hirer forthwith;
E. Permit the Owner and any person authorised by the Owner at all reasonable times to enter upon the premises in which the goods are for the time being placed or kept for the purpose of examining the goods;
F. Keep the goods at the address of the Hirer stated in the Schedule and not to sell, let or otherwise dispose of the goods nor part with possession of the same;
G. Use the goods in a proper manner, keep the same free from any charge, lien, distress, execution or other legal process and promptly pay for all repairs to the goods;
H. Pay to the Owner all expenses (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) incurred by or on behalf of the Owner in ascertaining the whereabouts of or repossessing the goods and of any legal proceedings taken by or on behalf of the Owner to enforce the provisions of this Agreement.
Termination by owner
7. If the Hirer shall make default in payment of any sum payable hereunder or shall fail to observe or perform any of the other terms and conditions of this Agreement or if the Hirer shall commit an act of bankruptcy or have a receiving order against him or shall make any arrangement with his creditors or any assignment of the benefit of such creditors or if distress or execution shall be levied or threatened upon any of the Hirer’s property then the Owner shall be at liberty by notice in writing forthwith to terminate this Agreement and thereupon this Agreement and the hiring thereby constituted shall for all purposes determine. Thereafter the Hirer shall cease to be in possession of the goods with the Owner’s consent and subject to the provisions of Clause 6 hereof, and any pre-existing liability of the Hirer, neither party shall have any rights against the other, save that the Owner shall be entitled to repossess the goods and for that purpose to enter upon the premises in which the same are kept.
Hirer's liability after termination by owner
8. Upon termination of this Agreement by the Owner, pursuant to the provisions of Clause 5 hereof, the Hirer shall, if required by the Owner, and at the Hirer’s expense, deliver up the goods to the Owner at the address of the Owner stated about, or at such other address as the Owner shall specify and shall pay to the Owner as agreed compensation for loss of profit [one half] of the further rentals that would have become payable by the Hirer if this Agreement had not been so terminated, but had continued for the full period of hire specified in the Schedule.
Delivery of goods
9. Upon expiration of the period of hire specified in the Schedule, this Agreement, if it has not previously determined under the provisions of Clause 5 hereof, shall come to an end and the Hirer shall, if required by the Owner, deliver up the goods to the Owner as provided by Clause 6 hereof, or shall at the option of the Owner make the goods available for collection by the Owner at the premises where they are situated and the Owner shall be entitled to enter upon such premises for the purpose of taking possession of the goods.
10. Any notice required or permitted to be given by the Owner to the Hirer hereunder shall be validly given if served personally on the Hirer or sent by pre-paid post addressed to or left at the address of the Hirer stated in the Schedule hereto, or at the Hirer’s last known address and shall, if sent by post, be conclusively deemed to have been received by the Hirer 48 hours after the time of posting.
Exclusions of conditions, warranties and representations
11. The Owner accepts no responsibility of any kind for any defects in the goods and does not warrant that they are suitable for the particular or any purpose for which they are or may be required. All conditions, warranties and representations, whether express or implied, in favour of the Hirer are hereby excluded with the exception of any statutory rights which the hirer may have.
Without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Company in the event of the cancellation of an order by the Hirer the Company reserves the right to make a cancellation charge as follows:-
|Notice Given of Cancellation||% of Total Hire Charges|
|8 days or more||25%|
|Less than 48 hours||75%|
The Supplier will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure but unless the Supplier is negligent, the Supplier will not be liable for unauthorised access to information supplied by you.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our websites you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the European Data Protection Regulations (‘GDPR’) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act) and, the data controller is Nova Productions (‘we’ or ‘us’).
This Privacy Statement explains how we process your information and your rights under both DPA and GDPR.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.
- Information we collect about you.
- Information we receive from other sources.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information to contact you and manage your account with us, as well as marketing communication if you have opted to receive this.
- Information we receive from other sources such as product suppliers or manufacturers. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you, including without limitation any data processor we engage.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us Here
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your rights under Data Protection Law
We operate under the Data Protection Act 2018 (‘DPA’) and the European General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’). The DPA and GDPR apply to ‘personal data’ we process and the data protection principles set out the main responsibilities we are responsible for.
We must ensure that personal data shall be:
- a) processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- b) collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
c) adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
d) accurate and where necessary kept up to date;
e) kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. We operate a data retention policy that ensures we meet this obligation. We only retain personal data for the purposes for which it was collected and for a reasonable period thereafter where there is a legitimate business need or legal obligation to do so. For details of our current retention policy contact our privacy officer Here
f) processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
We ensure lawful processing of personal data by obtaining consent; or where there is a contractual obligation to do so in providing appropriate products and services; or where processing the data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in providing appropriate products and services.
In the majority of cases we process personal data based on your contract with us. In other cases, we process personal data only where there are legitimate grounds for so doing. To meet our Data Protection obligations, we have established comprehensive and proportionate governance measures.
We ensure data protection compliance across the organisation through:
- a) implementing appropriate technical and organisational measures including internal data protection policies, staff training, internal audits of processing activities, and reviews of internal HR policies.
- b) maintaining relevant documentation on processing activities.
- c) implementing measures that meet the principles of data protection by design and data protection by default including data minimisation, pseudonymisation, transparency, deploying the most up-to-date data security protocols and using data protection impact assessments across our organisation and in any third party arrangements.
Under the GDPR you have the following specific rights in respect of the personal data we process:
- The right to be informed about how we use personal data. This Privacy Statement explains who we are; the purposes for which we process personal data and our legitimate interests in so doing; the categories of data we process; third party disclosures; and details of any transfers of personal data outside the Ireland.
- The right of access to the personal data we hold. In most cases this will be free of charge and must be provided within one month of receipt.
- The right to rectification where data are inaccurate or incomplete. In such cases we shall make any amendments or additions within one month of your request.
- The right to erasure of personal data, but only in very specific circumstances, typically where the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed; or, in certain cases where we have relied on consent to process the data, when that consent is withdrawn and there is no other legitimate reason for continuing to process that data; or when the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- The right to restrict processing, for example while we are reviewing the accuracy or completeness of data, or deciding on whether any request for erasure is valid. In such cases we shall continue to store the data, but not further process it until such time as we have resolved the issue.
- The right to data portability which, subject to a number of qualifying conditions, allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
- The right to object in cases where processing is based on legitimate interests, where our requirement to process the data is overridden by the rights of the individual concerned; or for the purposes of direct marketing (including profiling); or for processing for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics, unless this is for necessary for the performance of a public interest task.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have a complaint about data protection at Nova Productions, contact our privacy officer email@example.com.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can make the internet more useful by storing information about your preferences on a particular site, such as your personal preference pages.
Updated 1st October 2020
Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product.
Trademarks & logos
All Trade Marks & Logos used belong to their respective owners, and we will comply, acknowledge and respect the owner’s wishes as and when requested.
All contents in this web site including text, images, designs, graphics, logos is the property of the Supplier and is protected by Irish and International copyright laws. You may not use, copy and/or extract any part or parts of this web site for your own use without the express written consent of the Supplier
These terms of hire and the supply of the goods will be subject to Irish law and the Irish courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the contract, save that consumers resident in Northern Ireland shall have the right to insist upon these terms being construed in accordance with the laws of Northern Ireland and to submit to the jurisdiction of the Northern Irish courts.
Credit card security
We use PayPal to currently process all out transactions.
Currency: all prices are displayed in EURO.